Careers Task Force Events
We will be running a careers sessions after school, in which we invite members of our community to talk about their career and the journey that led them there. We also choose a soft, transferable skill as a focus of the evening. So far we have covered Team Work and Communication.
St Andrew the Apostle welcomes the involvement of other education providers to enable our students to access the widest range of appropriate courses. Involvement of these other institutions is covered by our Provider Access Policy
In order to meet our statutory requirements with CEIAG we use the Gatsby benchmarks to guide our policy and practice.The eight benchmarks are;
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
Tutor Programme & PSHCE
Our tutor programme will cover aspects of CIAG where possible, in conjunction with our PSHCE programme.
- Year 7 – Growing up (Settling in)
- Year 8 – Money Management (NAT WEST)
- Year 9 – My Future (Options)
- Year 10 – The World of Work (Work Experience)
- Year 11 – Choices, Choices (Post 16 Education)
- Year 12 – Where will I go? (Applications/Progression)
- Year 13 – The Final Push (Life beyond school)
CEIAG issues will also appear in our weekly Votes for Schools sessions.