Our school motto is Ever to Excel.
At St Andrew-the-Apostle School we will
- Deliver a broad curriculum that promotes academic excellence and exceptional progress across the ability range
- Foster a spirit of kindness, tolerance and responsibility which will allow each student to grow in character as an individual and as a community member
- Allow students to excel in sports, music and the arts
- Encourage students to progress to higher education
- Promote a high number of students to study maths, sciences, the classical subjects languages at university
Proud to be first
We are honoured to be the first state-funded Greek Orthodox secondary school in Britain. Anglican, Roman Catholic and other Church schools are very much respected by parents; and we are delighted to join them, making our contribution to the high academic standards and values-based education with which Church schools are associated nationally.
In common with most Church schools, a daily act of collective worship is fundamental to the organisation of St Andrew-the-Apostle. Assemblies are held for the whole school twice a week and in tutor or year groups on the remaining days. We will actively encourage an understanding and respect for all faiths and our assemblies will draw on the musical and choral traditions of many Christian churches; supporting our students as they develop into respectful and well educated young people.
St Andrew-the-Apostle School Prayer
St Andrew the Apostle Collective Worship Themes Autumn 2016